Friday, November 05, 2004

Day 5 - Friday

Last night was the worst so far. Since I am not a candidate for surgery the Doc is now trying to build up my medication levels.

Dad says, around 10 PM last night, I starting having 'small seizures' every 10 minutes, till just before 4 AM. Then I had the BIG ones again.

After 3 within 45 minutes the rousted the Doc out of bed. And he decided I needed Ativan again. Now in the past, this drug had stopped the seizures. So Dad got out his pillow and was ready to finally goto sleep. Nope - I had 3 more hard seizures.

Dad stayed there holding my hand and finally I fell asleep around 7:30 AM. Mom came in to relieve Dad. The Doctor came in and figures I will have to stay 1 maybe 2 more days. He is a little concerned I have not eaten anything since Noon Monday, nor have I had any liquids other than the IVs.

My VNS is not working but they can not replace it during this stay. We will have to get another Doctor and come to the hospital again.

No comments: