Saturday, May 21, 2005

Graduation

Today is graduation day for my oldest sister Megan. She has finished 5 years at the University of Texas in Austin, at the School of architecture. Mom, Dad and grandpa went to go see her.


Dad, Megan, Mom and Grandpa May 2005 Posted by Hello

It would have been a long 12 hour day for me, so I stayed home. Dad's employee Haley came over and took care of me. She is great fun. I love doing floor puzzles with her. (Mom and Dad don't seem to get down on the floor to help me quite as often as they use to.)

And she has a neat car, with really loud speakers. She knows where ALL the McDonald's are and when the cool places are to watch the airplanes land.

Early, Dad too me to McDonald's for breakfast, then the bank and then to the car wash. I like the car wash!

I had a terrible night and morning. I had 4 seizures from 10-2, then Mom gave me Diastat. Again I starting with the Tonic clonic around 4 AM and had 4 more. Mom gave me a second dose of Diastat. Dad gave me my medicine at 8 AM (I've learned to open my mouth in my sleep!) then I was up by 8:15.

Cool. No more seizures for the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody, Congratulations on Megan's graduation! Such a nice feeling. We hope she gets a job she likes somewhere in Texas. Great news that the seizures have slowed down. We pray that this good spell will last. Take care and remember we love all of you! Thom & Jana

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Megan for her five years of study at UT in architecture! Special greetings to Alex and enormous thanks and gratitude to mom and dad for their examples of love, strength and compassion unlimited.

May God bless you every day!

Bob Scott

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!! for a job well done.

Now you start a wonderful journey that leads to independence and becoming all you have planned and prayed about up to this time. A chance to shine and be your own person. I have total confidence that you will do well in whatever you put your hand to. I would encourage you to meet the days ahead with optimism. Life is full of mountain tops but it is also full of dark valleys. Remember, no matter how dark the valley and how scarely the shadows, He will be with you in everything. His power will give you comfort, His provisioin will show you how much He loves you. The world knows nothing of confort and love. Only God is the source of genuine love. Never accept sentimentality as a substitute for true love.

In the following years you will begin to find that life is somehow incomplete and you will begin to realize God does not intend for you to be alone. As you look for that special person to share your life with, God will use that person to do more than just share. There are thousands of blessings that can only be experienced in union. Make sure that you seriously look for someone you respect greatly and be sure he has the same integrity and moral values. Do not be fooled by outward appearance. Look deep into his heart and even into his spirit. Your heart is too precious to be disapointed and crushed by disregard and unfaithfulness.

Always keep you family high on your list of priorities. Never forget all the things they have sacrificed for your joy and happiness.

It is time for me to get down off this soapbox and stop preaching and simply assure you that every good and perfect thing awaits the godly faithful person that God's grace controls.

With all our love and respect,
Larry and Judy Blodgett